DAYTON CITY PAPER PRESENTS
Please give us your feedback on Germanfest Picnic at RiverScape MetroPark. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Germanfest
The Dayton Liederkranz Turner is most grateful for the tremendous outpouring of support we have received from the Dayton community this past couple months, and the amazing turnout at Germanfest Picnic’s new home at RiverScape MetroPark for its 34th edition on August 11, 12 and 13. A special thanks to all of the people who volunteered and our fantastic sponsors. http://germanfestdayton.com/sponsors/
LIKE us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/GermanfestPicnicDayton
- Continuous Live Music with Prost, Alpen Echos, Chardon Polka Band, The Sauer Brats and Organgrinder Ted Guillaum.
- Authentic German Food - Schnitzel Dinners, Brats, Metts, German Potato Salad, Sauerkraut and desserts. Gürkensalat (Cucumber Salad)
- Friday - Opening Ceremonies, Scholarship Presentation, and Keg Tapping - 6:30 p.m.
- Kidz Zone - Games, Rides
- ATMs available
- German Import Haus
- German Marktplatz - Merchandise and Craft Vendors
- Polka Mass - 10:00 a.m. Sunday
- Genealogy Support
- Huge selection of German Draft and Bottled Beer as well as German-style craft beers from Ohio Breweries. Tasting Flights available.
- Biergarten and Weingarten
- Membership Opportunities
- Huge Raffle - Grand prize Trip for 2 to GERMANY + $1000 spending money! Tickets $2 each, or 6 for $10. Drawing 5:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Bavarian Fashion Show - 2 p.m. Saturday
- 5K and 10k Race/Walk - The GermanFest 5k/10k will be held at . Registration information is available at http://www.itsyourrace.com/event.aspx?id=2983
- Cultural Heritage Booth featuring: 500th Anniversary of Martin Luther and the Reformation
- FREE RTA shuttle to parking areas downtown
Congratulations to our 2017 winners!
Thanks to the representatives from the DLT Genealogy Group who met with our guests to answer questions and direct further research. Be sure to visit The German Geneaology Group, which meets monthly at the Liederkranz, with guest speakers and group discussions. Click on the GENEALOGY button to your left on this page for more information.
GRAND RAFFLE WINNERS
Rod Vangas won the Grand Prize. He chose the cash option.
Jim Tschirhart - The Game Basket
Julie Feltner - The Wine Basket
Kim Chewning - The Iced Tea Basket
Gary Miller - The Cat Basket
Trashes Turner - The Cookbook Basket
Teresa Johnston - The Dog Basket
J.L. Pizza - The Garden Basket
Charles Coover - The Mystery Basket
Peggy Sisson - The Baking Basket
Charles Heildoerfer - The Gift Certificate Basket
Mary Ann Frederickson - The Cool Bar and Alcohol Basket
Vielen Dank (1000 Thanks) to our donors: Wasserstrom’s. Slider’s Tavern, Brixx Ice Company, Carmel’s, Riches Pawn Shop, The Warych Family, Kim Chewning, Beth Hemmelgarn and Lori Hemmelgarn.
The Dayton Liederkranz Turner is a 501c3 organization. All donations are fully tax-deductible.
Overall Event Sponsor : $7,000 – Exclusive naming rights with name/logo on all PR including all media (ads, brochures, etc), on fest signs/banners, on volunteer tee shirts; participation in opening ceremonies; booth space and facilities and food/drink tickets for booth staff.
Overall Event Supporter: $5,000-$7,000 – Similar to above, but less prominent.
Major Venue Sponsor: $2,000 - $5,000 – Venues include Liederkranz Food Tent, Heritage Exhibits, Spass Platz (band tent), two Bier Gartens, Kidz Zone; Craft Vendor Tents; signs & banners at venue; listings in PR materials and over 5,000 programs; booth space/ facilities.
Major Activity Sponsor: $1,000 - $2,000 – Activities include Opening Ceremonies, Trachten Fashion Show, 5k/10k Run/Walk, Worker Party; Parking Shuttle: sponsor signage and promotion as appropriate; PR listings; booth space/facilities
Supporter/Donor: $100 - $1,000 – Listings in PR as appropriate; signage at the Main Event Stage
In Kind/Community Service - Opportunities exist for numerous “in-kind” donations/sponsorships and for community service work crews. Appropriate levels of PR or compensation will be matched to fit.
Inquiries to email@example.com
A DAYTON ORIGINAL
The Germanfest Picnic is very proud to be designated "A Dayton Original."