2017 Dates! Mark your calendars now!
LIKE us on Facebook
To watch a longer version of this video, cick here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrOpg3fScYw
2016 Event Details
For all who are wondering . . . here are the winners of the Grand Raffle at this year's Germanfest Picnic:
Friday night's winner - Stein
Sam Nekrosius, sold by Scott Nekrosius.
Saturday night's winner- 5 hand carved, hand painted gnomes from the Black Forest.
Robert J. Holtvoight, sold by Teresa Warych
Sunday's prize- TRIP FOR TWO TO GERMANY
Donna Ryne - sold at the park
Thanks to all who sold and purchased tickets. See you next year!
THE PARTY'S OVER for this year, but we are already starting the planning to make the 2017 Germanfest Picnic even better!
- Continuous Live Music
- On-Site Parking $2
- Authentic German Food - Schnitzel Dinners, Brats, Metts, German Potato Salad, Sauerkraut and desserts. Gürkensalat (Cucumber Salad)
- Friday - Opening Ceremonies, Scholarship Presentation, and Keg Tapping - 6:30 p.m.
- Kidz Zone - Games, Rides
- ATMs Located in Kettering Building and Brewery Building
- German Import Haus
- German Marktplatz - Merchandise and Craft Vendors
- Polka Mass - 11:00 a.m. Sunday
- Genealogy Support in Kettering Building
- Huge selection of German Draft and Bottled Beer as well as German-style craft beers from Ohio Breweries. Tasting Flights available.
- Biergarten and Weingarten
- Membership Opportunities
- Huge Raffle - Grand prize Trip for 2 to GERMANY + $1000 spending money! Tickets $2 each, or 6 for $10. Drawing 5:30 p.m. Sunday. 2016 Winners are posted at the top of this page.
- Bavarian Fashion Show
- 5K and 10k Race/Walk - 2016 Race Results: http://annualgermanfestpicnic5k10k.itsyourrace.com/results.aspx?id=2983
- Heritage Booth featuring: 500th Anniversary of Martin Luther and the Reformation
$2,000.00 Bret Sagasser $1,500.00 Katerina Dranchak $500.00 Madison Lewis
Interested in your German Heritage? Stop in and meet some representatives from the DLT Genealogy Group and ask some questions! And do be sure to visit The Geneaology Group, which meets monthly at the Liederkranz, with guest speakers and group discussions. Click on the genealogy button on the Liederkranz Homepage for more information.
PICTURES FROM 2014 GERMANFEST PICNIC and 5K and 10K
Courtesy of Event Photos by Tracy, are available here:
Picnic (Including Friday Night and Saturday):
Overall Event Sponsor : $7,000 – Exclusive naming rights with name/logo on all PR including all media (ads, brochures, etc), on fest signs/banners, on volunteer tee shirts; participation in opening ceremonies; booth space and facilities and food/drink tickets for booth staff.
Overall Event Supporter: $5-$7,000 – Similar to above, but less prominent.
Major Venue Sponsor: $2 - $5,000 – Venues include Liederkranz Food Tent, Heritage Exhibits, Spass Platz (band tent), two Bier Gartens, Kidz Zone; Craft Vendor Tents; signs & banners at venue; listings in PR materials and over 5,000 programs; booth space/ facilities.
Major Activity Sponsor: $1 - $2,000 – Activities include Opening Ceremonies,Trachten Fashion Show, 5k/10k Run/Walk, Worker Party; Parking Shuttle: sponsor signage and promotion as appropriate; PR listings; booth space/facilities
Supporter/Donor: $100 - $1,000 – Listings in PR as appropriate; signage at the Main Event Stage
In Kind/Community Service - Opportunities exist for numerous “in kind” donations/sponsorships and for community service work crews. Appropriate levels of PR or compensation will be matched to fit.
A DAYTON ORIGINAL
The Germanfest Picnic is very proud to be designated "A Dayton Original."