LIKE us on Facebook
To watch a longer version of this video, cick here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrOpg3fScYw
The 2015 Germanfest Picnic is history! Thanks to everyone who came out to enjoy the Gemuetlichkeit, and especially to all our wonderful volunteers who made it all possible. We couldn't do it without each and every one of YOU!
The winner of Friday's prize of the vintage springerle molds and cutter, DLT cookbook, was Michael Morris ( Kirsten), Else Schiller sold the ticket.
The winner of the Schwibboggen was Linda Gradtke and she sold the ticket to herself.
This winner of the trip for two to Germany/Europe was Vena Lackey. The ticket was sold at the picnic.
2015 Event Details
Join the Dayton Liederkranz as we celebrate the 32nd Annual Germanfest Picnic at Carillon Park in Dayton! One of the best festivals of the summer with plenty of fun for the whole family.
Continuous Live Music -
Band Line-up for the Germanfest Picnic:
- Organ Grinder Ted Guillaum www.facebook.com/ted.guillaum?fref=ts
all 3 days. Catch him at the Kettering Education Center entrance or at the Brewery entrance
- Spass! www.facebook.com/spassdanceband?fref=ts
new to the Germanfest Picnic from the Cleveland area on Friday, August 14 from 6-11 pm and Saturday from noon - 2:30 pm
- Chardon Polka Band www.facebook.com/thechardonpolkaband?fref=ts
a popular favorite, also from the Cleveland area, on Saturday, August 15 from 3-6:30 pm and Sunday, August 16 from 3-6 pm
- Alpen Echos, our good friends from Cincinnati www.facebook.com/pages/Alpen-Echos-Fan-Page/181852655213619?fref=ts
on Saturday, August 15 from 7-11 pm and Sunday from noon - 2:30
- On-Site Parking $2
- Authentic German Food - Schnitzel Dinners, Brats, Metts, German Potato Salad, Sauerkraut and desserts
- Friday - Opening Ceremonies and Keg Tapping - 6:30 p.m.
- Kidz Zone Games & Rides
- ATM Located in Kettering Building and Brewery Building
- German Import Haus
- German Marktplatz - Merchandise and Craft Vendors
- Polka Mass - 11:00 Sunday
- Genealogy Support in Kettering Building
- Huge selection of German Draft and Bottled Beer as well as German-style craft beers from Ohio Breweries. Tasting Flights available.
- Biergarten and Weingarten
- Membership Opportunities
- Huge Raffle - Grand prize Trip for 2 to GERMANY + $1000 spending money! Tickets $2 each, or 6 for $10
- Bavarian Fashion Show - Saturday 1 p.m.
- 5K and 10k Race/Walk - Friday 6:30 p.m. http://www.daytongermanclub.org/sites/default/files/German5KForm2015.pdf (Click on link for Registration Form)
- Heritage Booth featuring: 125 Years Dayton Liederkranz Turner
- Best Germanfest Beard Contest - Saturday, 3 p.m.
Their checks were presented at the Germanfest Picnic Opening Ceremonies on Friday Evening at 6:30. The DLT scholarship/grant program is one of the benefits of membership.
Interested in your German Heritage? Stop in and meet some representatives from the DLT Genealogy Group and ask some questions! And do be sure to visit The Geneaology Group, which meets monthly at the Liederkranz, with guest speakers and group discussions. Click on the genealogy button on the Liederkranz Homepage for more information.
PICTURES FROM 2014 GERMANFEST PICNIC and 5K and 10K
Courtesy of Event Photos by Tracy, are available here:
Picnic (Including Friday Night and Saturday):
Overall Event Sponsor : $7,000 – Exclusive naming rights with name/logo on all PR including all media (ads, brochures, etc), on fest signs/banners, on volunteer tee shirts; participation in opening ceremonies; booth space and facilities and food/drink tickets for booth staff.
Overall Event Supporter: $5-$7,000 – Similar to above, but less prominent.
Major Venue Sponsor: $2 - $5,000 – Venues include Liederkranz Food Tent, Heritage Exhibits, Spass Platz (band tent), two Bier Gartens, Kidz Zone; Craft Vendor Tents; signs & banners at venue; listings in PR materials and over 5,000 programs; booth space/ facilities.
Major Activity Sponsor: $1 - $2,000 – Activities include Opening Ceremonies,Trachten Fashion Show, 5k/10k Run/Walk, Worker Party; Parking Shuttle: sponsor signage and promotion as appropriate; PR listings; booth space/facilities
Supporter/Donor: $100 - $1,000 – Listings in PR as appropriate; signage at the Main Event Stage
In Kind/Community Service - Opportunities exist for numerous “in kind” donations/sponsorships and for community service work crews. Appropriate levels of PR or compensation will be matched to fit.
A DAYTON ORIGINAL
The Germanfest Picnic is very proud to be designated "A Dayton Original."