Interested in Joining?
Your Membership Provides
- Critical financial and personal support for the Liederkranz, our historic Klubhaus and German heritage – a legacy of language, song, dance, culture, and traditions.
- A robust and varied year-round slate of activities; open Klubhaus most Thursday evenings.
- The foundation of the Annual GermanFest Picnic, one of the region’s top festivals.
- Reduced event and hall rental prices, free member appreciation activities.
- Scholarship and education grant eligibility for high school students and continuing education students.
- Opportunity to participate in Liederkranz German language, travel, and other programs.
- Support for youth, World Affair, and Sister Cities programs.
- GermanLife Magazine Subscription at a discount rate.
- Membership privileges at many German clubs across America.
- Patron – includes subscription to German Life - $100 (one year), $190 (two year) $270 (three year)
- Family - $55 (one year), $105 (two year), $150 (three year)
- Individual - $35 (one year), $66 (two year), $95 (three year)
- Young Adult (Ages 18 - 25) - $20 (one year), $38 (two year), $54 (three year)
- Lifetime Membership - See Below
- German Life Magazine Subscription ($7 Savings) - $18
Member of the Year
Voting is happening until December 29, 2017 for our annual Member of the Year Award for 2017.
Previous Awardees are
2005 - Jerry Schenking
2006 - Dave Pepiot
2007 - Trudy Campbell
2008 - Carol and Herman Sagasser
2009 - John Koerner
2010 - Ida Knopp
2011 - Uli Gaertner
2012 - Judy Schneider
2013 - Kathy and Chuck Dulaney
2014 - Louise Gaertner
2015 - Uli Gaertner and Debbie Venys
2016 - Jacob Hellickson
Outstanding Member of the Year Award 2017
To encourage, recognize and reward a current member for one or more significant and exceptional contributions to the Dayton Liederkranz-Turner. Any member in good standing is eligible to vote. You may mail votes to the DLT, leave in the Rathskeller mailbox, or email to John Koerner.
1. Has demonstrated a consistent dedication to the organization. A single or sustained contribution may qualify.
2. Has demonstrated integrity, cooperative spirit, and service to others in his or her efforts on behalf of the organization.
Someone who has demonstrated outstanding support of club events
Someone who has provided exceptional leadership in chairing a committee
Someone who has provided exceptional leadership on a project
Someone who has shown exceptional leadership as a Board member or
Someone who has made an outstanding contribution to the community
Marty Foos: As a singer and a dancer, Marty continues to energize the choir and promote the Volktanzer group, especially at public events like the Annual Picnic and Spass Nacht in Kettering. As a lawyer, Marty has took on the task of obtaining 501(c)3 non profit status for the Liederkranz which was successfully completed this past summer. This designation will help enable major donor contributions to the Picnic or the club.
Scott Nekrosius: Scott stepped up to serve the DLT by chairing a new effort to recruit and retain Liederkranz members. He has assembled volunteers and devised materials to facilitate the membership process, including a Membership Booth at this year's GermanFest. He is in the process of trying to identify new member mentors and to establish a German language and culture course.
Debbie Venys: Debbie has provided much needed leadership for numerous club events such as Fasching and Oktoberfest including preparation of instructional materials to guide implementation of events. She has "grown" the Picnic Liaison Board position into a pro-active role and, critically, covered the food operations and other roles at this year's GermanFest. Importantly, she also took the big step and became the Assistant Chairman for the GermanFest Picnic.
John Koerner: John has been nominated for his unflagging efforts in locating and securing a new location for the GermanFest Picnic, the DLT's most important event, after Dayton History's attempt to take over the event. The effort included a difficult "reinvention" of the Fest layout and operational procedures in the face of numerous physical and regulatory obstacles.
Please circle your single selection for the 2017 Member of the Year:
Marty Foos Scott Nekrosius Debbie Venys John Koerner
Your Name: _______________________________ _________________
Votes due by December 29. Thank you. JABKOERNER@AOL.COM